I'm officially 7 months post *dances*, finally past the honeymoon stages. Here are 7 things Ive learnt so far, that will help you on your journey to natural.
Detangle your hair!- The main culprit for my tangles is shed hair! Tangled hair is nightmare, I advise you to finger detangle your hair in sections at least 4 times a week.
2. Treat your two textures differently- your natural hair will need more moisture than your relaxed hair. Overmoisturising your relaxed hair and undermoisturising your natural hair will only lead to breakage.
3. Hair Accessories will solve a bad hair day! Scarves have been my favourite so far, they provide a great distraction when my hair is looking catastrophic.
4. Protective styling is your friend.
5. Get a good Oil. My two favourites are Jamaican Black Castor Oil and Peppermint Oil. They are multipurpose. I add them to my conditioner, oil my scalp and seal with them.
6. Stop counting the time and time will fly.
7. Enjoy the transitioning phase.